Dynamic Link Library Questions and Answers
27 Exam and interview questions for DLL/Middleware developers/learners. Click on the link to get the detailed explanations. One you visit any answer you can navigate through next and previous link to jump from one answer to another. You can also select index to come back to this index page. Please provide us the rating and feedbacks of our questions and answers.
Dynamic Link Library Topics
- What is DLL and what are their usages and advantages?
- What are the sections in a DLL executable/binary?
- Explain the working mechanism of a DLL?
- Where should we store DLLs ?
- Who loads and links the DLLs?
- What is dependency chain when using DLL?
- How many types of linking are there?
- What is the entry point function of a DLL?
- What is implicit and explicit linking in dynamic loading?
- How functions are imported and exported in a module?
- How can I export a function from a module?
- What is the utility of the keyword: __declspec(dllimport), __declspec(dllexport)?
- How can I export a function without __declspec(dllexport) keyword?
- Why the keyword extern C is used for codes when used with a C++ compiler?
- What is name mangling in C++ function?
- How a whole class can be exported?
- How can I call a function of a DLL file?
- When ever we execute an EXE, one application instance is created for each execution. Is it true for DLL also? How many instance of a DLL is created if a DLL is loaded from 5 different applications? Explain.
- How a DLL comes to know that it has been loaded by one application as well as unloaded by it?
- How Win32 sub-system informs the DLL when the application creates a thread?
- What are AFX Extension class and Extension DLLs?
- How classes are exported in MFC DLL?
- For imports we use dllimport and for export we use dllexport keyword. MFC uses only one keyword AFX_EXT_CLASS, how can that be possible?
- How we use dynamic linking in Linux? Give example.
- What is resource DLL? When and how we can use it?
- How to call a DLL function from Visual Besic?
- How to call a DLL function from java? (Calling C/C++ native function from Java)
Dynamic Link Library, DLL executable sections, working mechanism, DLL Location, DLL loader, dependency chain, types of linking, entry point, implicit and explicit linking, imported and exported, export a function, __declspec,dllimport,dllexport, export a function, extern C, name mangling, export a class, call a DLL function, DLL instance, Process attach/detach, thread attach/detach, AFX Extension class, export MFC class, AFX_EXT_CLASS, dynamic linking in Linux, resource DLL, VB call DLL, Java call DLL,
Questions index C Questions C++ Questions Win32 MFC COM/DCOM DLL Questions
Compilers & Editors
Download Visual Studio Download XCode Download Visual Studio Code Android studio install sdk Eclipse installer Best C compilers IDEs
Development system setup
Windows media creation tool MSDN subscription Ubuntu virtualbox
New updated posts
Why learn C? Draw on printer Memory leaks