Every DLLs are regular PE executable in windows or ELF binary in Linux. Thus it has sections like CODE/.TEXT, .DATA,.BSS etc.
- CODE/.TEXT - section contains executable hex code.
- .DATA - section contains global/static data values.
- .BSS - section is for un-initialized global/static values
- Import section(.idata): Defines the list of symbols/functions it imports from an external executables/modules.
- Export Section(.edata): Defines the list of symbols/functions that DLL itself exposes to external world to use.
There are several tools available to see the various sections of a PE executable. Some of the well known tools are PE Viewer, PE Explorer etc.
About our authors: Team EQA
You have viewed 1 page out of 27. Your DLL learning is 0.00% complete. Login to check your learning progress.
Questions index C Questions C++ Questions Win32 MFC COM/DCOM DLL Questions
Compilers & Editors
Download Visual Studio Download XCode Download Visual Studio Code Android studio install sdk Eclipse installer Best C compilers IDEs
Development system setup
Windows media creation tool MSDN subscription Ubuntu virtualbox
New updated posts
Why learn C? Draw on printer Free alt softwares