Windows and Linux both has PE/ELF binary loader to load executable and modules.
A loader in OS loads executable/extension when creating a process or when an application explicitly calls LoadLibrary() or LoadModule() to load a particular executable.
A loader loads any executable in the following steps.
- Find the executable in current/system/in path variable
- If not found through error
- If found check for signature of executable (say check signature of ELF ) for validity
- Load the code and data section in application/system address space.
- Links the imported symbols of the application with the exported symbols of the DLL.
About our authors: Team EQA
You have viewed 1 page out of 27. Your DLL learning is 0.00% complete. Login to check your learning progress.
Questions index C Questions C++ Questions Win32 MFC COM/DCOM DLL Questions
Compilers & Editors
Download Visual Studio Download XCode Download Visual Studio Code Android studio install sdk Eclipse installer Best C compilers IDEs
Development system setup
Windows media creation tool MSDN subscription Ubuntu virtualbox
New updated posts
Why learn C? Calculate weighted average