Electronic Materials and Processes
Followings are the syllabus and reference books for Electronic Materials and Processes.
Atomic structure and chemical bonding crystal structures, crystal imperfections and phase diagrams. Metals and alloys, electrical conductivity &temperature dependence Mechanical properties, electrical and electronics application; of vacuum and silk-screen technology, fabrication of thin films of metals, semiconductors and carbon, super conducting phenomena Messier effects Super conductors, BCS Theory of super conductors, High TC super conductor. Dielectric Materials: Polarization and dielectric constant. Dielectric in alternating fields, Practical dielectric materials like Mica, Ceramics, Porcelain, glass, Fiberglass, papers, different types of polymer, oils, Ferro electric &piezoelectric Materials, Magnetic Materials, Magnetic moment and definitions of terms Diamagnetic, para &Ferromagnetic materials, Hysteresis loop and magnetic domains, Hysteresis Loss Eddy, current Loss, Soft and hard magnetic materials, Iron-Si Steel, Iron-cobalt alloys, Nickel alloys, Antiferro- magnetism, Ferromagnetism, Ferrites, Thin Film Magnetic Storage, Met-glass. Magnetic Storage, Met-glass.
Books and Links:
1. L.H. Van Vlack - Elements of Materials Science &Engineering - Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, New York.
2. V Raghavan - Materials Science &Engineering. - Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
3. Murthy &Jena: Structure and properties of Engineering Materials ,TMH New Delhi
4. W D Callister, Jr. - Materials Science &Engineering - An Introduction - John Willey &Sons, Inc, New York.
5. J F Shackelford - Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers - Maxwell Macmilan International Editions, Singapore.
6. C M Srivastava &C Srinivasan - Science of Engineering materials - New Age International (P) Ltd. Publishers, New Delhi.
7. J W Mayer and S S Lau - Electronic Materials Science - Maxwell Macmilan International Editions, Singapore
8. R E Hummel - Electronic Properties of Materials - Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi.