Followings are the syllabus and reference books for Power Electronics and Drives.
Power Amplifiers, Inverter circuits, Power semiconductor devices: power semiconductor diode, power BJT, power MOSFET, IGBT, FCT, MCT. Thirstier characteristics, types, performance parameters, series and parallel operation, thirstier firing circuits. Protection of devices and circuits: Snubber circuit, protection against transient voltage and current, diode and rectifiers. Thirstier communication techniques: Controlled rectifiers, single phase and three phase converters, static switch, AC voltage controller, uninterrupted power supply, Electric utility applications. Electric drives: Selection of motors, group and individual drive, nature of mechanical load-matching characteristics of load and drive. Starting and speed control of different types of dc/ac side. Open loop and closed loop control of motor speed. Electrical braking, Temperature rise. Load equalization of flywheel. Noise elimination. Control of traction motors. Elements of computer control of electrical drive, A/D and D/A interfacing. Role of microprocessors and programmable logic controller in motor control. ontroller in motor control.
Books and Links:
1. P. C. Sen, "Modern Power Electronics", S. Chand, NDelhi-55, 2004
2. Muhammed Rashid, "Power Electronics - Circuits, Devices and
Applications", PHI,Pearson Education N Delhi-1, 1994
3. Mohan, Udeland, Robbins, "Power Electronics - Converters, Application
and Design, John Wiley and Sons
4. V. R. Moorthi "Power Electronics-Devices,Circuits and Industrial
Applications" Oxford UP, N Delhi-1, 2005
5. M.S.Jamil Asghar, - "Power Electronics" PHI
6. M.D.Singh,and K.B.Khanchandani - "Power Electronics" -2/e McGraw-Hill