Followings are the syllabus and reference books for Electronic Materials and Processes.
Atomic structure and chemical bonding crystal structures, crystal imperfections and phase diagrams. Metals and alloys, electrical conductivity &temperature dependence Mechanical properties, electrical and electronics application; of vacuum and silk-screen technology, fabrication of thin films of metals, semiconductors and carbon, super conducting phenomena Messier effects Super conductors, BCS Theory of super conductors, High TC super conductor. Dielectric Materials: Polarization and dielectric constant. Dielectric in alternating fields, Practical dielectric materials like Mica, Ceramics, Porcelain, glass, Fiberglass, papers, different types of polymer, oils, Ferro electric &piezoelectric Materials, Magnetic Materials, Magnetic moment and definitions of terms Diamagnetic, para &Ferromagnetic materials, Hysteresis loop and magnetic domains, Hysteresis Loss Eddy, current Loss, Soft and hard magnetic materials, Iron-Si Steel, Iron-cobalt alloys, Nickel alloys, Antiferro- magnetism, Ferromagnetism, Ferrites, Thin Film Magnetic Storage, Met-glass. Magnetic Storage, Met-glass.
Books and Links:
1. L.H. Van Vlack - Elements of Materials Science &Engineering - Addison-Wesley Publishing Company, New York.
2. V Raghavan - Materials Science &Engineering. - Prentice Hall of India Pvt. Ltd., New Delhi.
3. Murthy &Jena: Structure and properties of Engineering Materials ,TMH New Delhi
4. W D Callister, Jr. - Materials Science &Engineering - An Introduction - John Willey &Sons, Inc, New York.
5. J F Shackelford - Introduction to Materials Science for Engineers - Maxwell Macmilan International Editions, Singapore.
6. C M Srivastava &C Srinivasan - Science of Engineering materials - New Age International (P) Ltd. Publishers, New Delhi.
7. J W Mayer and S S Lau - Electronic Materials Science - Maxwell Macmilan International Editions, Singapore
8. R E Hummel - Electronic Properties of Materials - Narosa Publishing House, New Delhi.