Windows and Linux both has PE/ELF binary loader to load executable and modules.
A loader in OS loads executable/extension when creating a process or when an application explicitly calls LoadLibrary() or LoadModule() to load a particular executable.
A loader loads any executable in the following steps.
- Find the executable in current/system/in path variable
- If not found through error
- If found check for signature of executable (say check signature of ELF ) for validity
- Load the code and data section in application/system address space.
- Links the imported symbols of the application with the exported symbols of the DLL.
You have viewed 1 page out of 27. Your DLL learning is 0.00% complete. Login to check your learning progress.
Similar topics related to this section
DLL Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions - DLL-files.com
Dependency Walker Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Top 10 DLL Questions !
DLL COM DCOM Interview Questions and Answers
| #1 webmaster Thu 27 Feb/2014 11:28:38(GMT) || 0 || 0|
We are pleased to inform you that a forum/blog has been incorporated with www.mybestnotes.co.in. You are welcomed to add your comments, requests, codes, solutions and feedback to it. Please login(if already a member) or signup(for free) to avail to this facility.
Your message goes here: