Followings are the syllabus and reference books for Data Structure and Algorithms
Overview of C language
Time and Space analysis of Algorithms - Order Notations.
Linear Data Structures - Sequential representations - Arrays and Lists, Stacks, Queues and Dequeues, strings, Application.
Linear Data Structures, Link Representation - Linear linked lists, Circularly linked lists. Doubly linked lists, application.
Recursion - Design of recursive algorithms, Tail Recursion, When not to use recursion, Removal of recursion.
Non-linear Data Structure: Trees - Binary Trees, Traversals and Threads, Binary Search Trees, Insertion and Deletion algorithms,
Height-balanced and weight-balanced trees, B-trees, B+ -trees, Application of trees; Graphs - Representations, Breadth-first and
Hashing - Hashing Functions, collision Resolution Techniques.
Sorting and Searching Algorithms, Bubble sort, Selection Sort, Insertion Sort, Quicksort, Merge Sort, Heapsort and Radix Sort.
File Structures - Sequential and Direct Access. Relative Files, Indexed Files - B+ tree as index. Multi-indexed Files, Inverted Files,
Books and Links:
Text book :
1. Data Structures and Algorithms – O.G. Kakde &U.A. Deshpandey, ISTE/EXCEL BOOKS
2. Aho Alfred V., Hopperoft John E., UIlman Jeffrey D., “Data Structures and Algorithms”,
3. Drozdek- Data Structures and Algorithms,Vikas
1.Heileman:data structure algorithims &Oop Tata McGraw Hill
2. Data Structures Using C – M.Radhakrishnan and V.Srinivasan, ISTE/EXCEL BOOKS
3. Weiss Mark Allen, “Algorithms, Data Structures, and Problem Solving with C++”, Addison
4. Horowitz Ellis &Sartaj Sahni, “Fundamentals of Data Structures”, Galgotria Pub.
5 Tanenbaum A. S. , “Data Structures using ‘C’ ”
6 Ajay Agarwal: Data structure Through C.Cybertech